I am a freelance Animator/Designer based in New York City working mostly with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Cinema 4D.
I like problem solving and have both an aptitude and enthusiasm for technical challenges, but I'm equally passionate about design and animation. Ideally, I enjoy work that lets me do a little of both - and I think that's also the environment that is best suited to my skills and experience. In me, you will find a highly motivated and intellectually curious person who enjoys new challenges and the ability to quickly learn and master new technologies. In addition to my technical experience, I enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that challenges me to think on my feet. I like taking initiative and working autonomously, but also have respect for established studio workflow and file management.
- Design and creation of still and motion graphics video deliverables (corporate videos, teasers, pitches, bumpers, lower thirds, infographics, maps, charts, etc.) for web/digital, broadcast and events
- Creating and presenting concepts, boards and style frames
- Design and creation of maps, charts and motion graphics for news media
- Edit raw video footage and add effects, 3d elements, titles, audio
- Motion tracking and compositing
- Collaborating with Producers and Creative Directors to interpret client vision and scripts
- Understanding and applying current design trends to create sophisticated motion graphics
- Extensive knowledge of file formats and compression for various outputs
- Motion design and visual effects using specialized plug-ins such as Trapcode Particular and Optical Flares
- Interactive design (PowerPoint, Flash, Web, QTVR)
- Dynamic simulations (Particles/Rigid Bodies/Fluids)
- 3D modeling, lighting, and rendering (including Mental Ray)
- Stereoscopic 3D photography and rendering experience
- Traditional motion picture filmmaking (lighting/grip, sound recording, camera/cinematography)
- Photography (still film and digital, motion picture, stop motion animation)
- Technical experience, troubleshooting ability and advanced user skills with a variety of both hardware and software
- Working knowledge of Viz Curious Maps
- SOFTWARE - Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere, Trapcode Suite Plugins, Cinema 4D, Viz World, Google Earth, Maya, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Compressor, iStopMotion, PowerPoint, Qube! Certified Administrator
- Operating Systems - OSX, Windows, Unix
May 2010 – Present
Freelance • NYC
Design and creation of still and motion graphics video deliverables (corporate videos, teasers, pitches, bumpers, lower thirds, infographics, maps, charts, etc.) for web/digital, broadcast and events. Work with agencies (ABC News Digital, First Agency, Creative Q, Interaktika) to create graphics and videos for brands such as MasterCard, Quintiles, ICBA, LG, Revlon, Vevo, Shire & AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals. Design and creation of storyboards and style frames. Edit raw video footage and add effects, 3d elements, titles, and audio. Design and creation of maps, charts and motion graphics for news media. Research and analyze innovative design techniques and emergent technologies.
Oct 2001 – May 2010
ANIMATION FACILITY TECHNICIAN
NYU Tisch School of the Arts, Animation Department • NYC
Monitor daily office activities and supervision of teaching assistants. Perform routine maintenance and basic repair of equipment. Contact vendors to schedule service repairs. Provide technical support for a variety of departmental activities; set up and operate various forms of animation, photography, filmmaking, new media and computer technology equipment (e.g. Bolex Motion Picture Cameras, Macintosh G5 workstations, Wacom Cintiqs, analog and digital video pencil test stations, still film/digital cameras, photo lighting, etc). Licensing, user accounts, networking and general maintenance of BOXX 3d Workstations.
Sept 2003 – May 2010
NYU Tisch School of the Arts, Animation Department • NYC
Instructor for the Technical portion of Introduction to Animation Techniques & Technology.
Sept 2001 – May 2003
GRAPHIC DESIGNER/TECHNICAL WRITER/ CONSULTANT
TDV3D/3DWorld • NYC
Creation of stereoscopic Flash presentations and QTVR objects. Technical writing and graphic design for stereo viewing system setup and operation manual. Technical consultant for research and development.
Nov 1999 – May 2001
JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Sales Graphics • New York, NYC
Design and production of multi-media presentations for a variety of clients such as Brides Magazine, Barron’s, USA Today, US News and Newsweek. Production assistant for sound and lighting on in-house DV shoots. Website design and production. Capture and editing of video using Media 100. Compression of video and computer graphics for use on CD-Rom and the internet. CD-Rom authoring/production for projects such as "Decades" and "History of the Olympics" distributed by Kodak. Design and production of sales presentations utilizing proprietary custom Director/Lingo based software, "CustomShow". Beta testing and some interface design of this software as well as creation of installers and basic technical support.
Sept 1993 - Aug 1997
NYU School of Continuing Professional Studies • NYC
Assisting professors during lectures. Assisting students outside of lectures and checking in/out various film equipment. Overseeing student use of equipment as well as Moviola and Steenbeck flatbed film editing machines. Supervision of student application of NYC shooting permits and insurance; Conform and cutting of A/B roll negative and preparation for Answer Print; Basic studio lighting (stage-boxes, C-Stands, flags, hanging and securing lights to a grid, etc); Prepping tracks for a sound mix; Sound recording and transfer from 1/4" to 16mm magnetic stock; Choice of film stocks and completion of projects with a deadline; organization of purchase orders with outside vendors for lab work and supplies.
Aug 1993 - Aug 1997
Freelance • NYC
Pompatus of Love (35mm feature) • 2nd Assistant Camera • Counterproductions
"Love" Joy Parfum (Commercial) • 1st Assistant Camera • Team Mise-En-Scene
"First Ride" Joy Parfum (Commercial) • 1st Assistant Camera • Team Mise-En-Scene
For Now (16mm short) • 1st Assistant Camera • NYU Student Production
White Chocolate Mousse (16mm short) • Dir of Photography • NYU Student Production
Black on Black (16mm short) • Dir of Photography • NYU Student Production
Cafe Babel (35mm short) • Camera Production Assistant • NYU Student Production
Can't Touch This (16mm short) • 2nd Assistant Camera • CG Films
MFA COMPUTER ART • School of Visual Arts • NYC
BA LITERARY & CULTURAL STUDIES • Carnegie Mellon University • Pittsburgh, PA
VISITING MEMBER, BRITISH LITERATURE • Oxford University • Oxford, England UK
CERT. BASIC FILMMAKING • New York University SCPS • NYC
Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere, Trapcode Suite Plugins (Particular, Form, Lux, 3d Stroke, etc.), Optical Flares & Element 3d Plugins, Cinema 4D, Viz World, Google Earth/Maps, Maya, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Compressor, PowerPoint, MS Office, Qube! Certified Administrator; DOS, Unix, Perl & Mel Scripting